Friday, November 18, 2011

Emotional Intimacy Summed Up

For weeks I’ve been writing about how to foster emotional intimacy. While there is no set process per se of course, I’ve been describing the actions that make sense to me: know yourself well, recognize an appropriate partner, strive for safety and trust in the relationship, listen with compassion, demonstrate trustworthiness, always be honest, and know when to be open.

So how do you begin? As you might suspect, I encourage you to read Worth Waiting For: Sane Sex for Singles. It’s now available on Kindle and includes these steps in greater detail along with many stories of my own experiences. Make a commitment to have only sane sex and decide what other boundaries might be appropriate for you. For instance, perhaps you’ve become aware of a pattern related to blind spots or weaknesses. Seek the support you need, from your Higher Power, a close friend, or a mentor, someone who will stand with you. Finally, start at the beginning, by spending time with yourself. There is always more to learn about who you are, and being able to truly express your uniqueness is a great signal to the universe that you are ready to meet your partner.

I’d love to hear from you. Let me know how I can support you or what other topics you’d like to see explored here. I’m on the path with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking the time to comment.